The group will be split into 2 sections based on his/her track; Group A and Group B. Each group will attend 3 days of training and evaluation as part of his/her certification.
- Principles of effective interviewing techniques, including consideration of age, developmental level, and mental health status for children and adults.
- Interview protocol/phases of an interview for children and adults.
- Applying interview protocols to obtain accurate and complete information in initial and ongoing assessments.
- Identify examples of age-specific engagement/rapport building and apply the process of conducting a basic developmental assessment during an interview.
- Making a safety determination on the Assessment of Child Safety for evaluation purposes.
- Conducting an interview with a child regarding allegations of abuse or neglect or regarding safety and well-being of a child in an out of home placement.
- Conducting an interview with a parent or PRFC regarding allegations of abuse or neglect or regarding an ongoing case.