This training will outline how outside barriers from timely permanency and court barriers impact placement stability and the minor’s well-being. Effective use of resources will be reviewed to demonstrate how to positively impact placement stability. Safety is informed by sufficient collection of information, this process will be outlined in regard to “coaching” to meet the expected standards. Through the transfer of learning, the coaching practice for specialists will review skills to access and provide feedback for safety.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how outside barriers impact permanency and well-being
- Understand how to utilize resources to impact placement stability
- Identify when information is sufficient and supports the safety determination
- Assess and provide feedback on safety
- Demonstrate engagement skills through coaching
This training is for Child Welfare Supervisors, District Directors, Regional Directors and Field Managers